soft, creamy, cold delicacy & special bonus recipe
I'm not sure why, but I've always loved the (holy) combination of salty & sweet.
this is why I chose to use these flavors:
Panda’s excellent dairy-free “milk” chocolate (classic one) & Salted crack pretzels cream.
Originally I planned to use peanut-butter & chocolate, but I had to reconsider it due to a guest’s allergy, so here we are all safe, sound and sweet-satisfied.
I haven't mentioned these flavors in the title, because I didn't want to limit anyone (I can’t blame you if you want to use PB and no one’s life is at stake).
This dessert is a perfect for the summer! it’s cold (something in between ice-cream and mousse), delicious, easy to make, but impressive to serve.
- 1 bar Panda chocolate (classic flavor)
- 1 bar Panda chocolate - another flavor of-your-choice (I used caramel & salt)
- 1 cup of plant-based heavy cream / coconut-cream
- 375ml of heavy cream
- some biscuits / cookies for the crunchy base
- 2 tablespoons of plant-based milk
- 1 cup of a spread you like (jam, PB, salted pretzel as attached, lotus…)
- Melt classic chocolate with ½ of the heavy cream.
- Whip the heavy cream.
- Gently fold with a spatula the room temperature chocolate cream with half of the whipped cream.
- In another bowl, gently fold with a spatula the other half of the whipped cream with the spread of your choice. (side note: if the spread is too thick, add some “milk” or another liquid, a few seconds in the microwave and a simple stir should fix it).
- Transfer both creams to different piping bags.
- Pipe the cream to a silicone mold (I chose a individual size mold, you can also use a bigger mold for one big dessert)
- Freeze the mousse for at least 3 hours till stable.
- Melt the other flavored chocolate with the remaining heavy cream and use it to “glue” the biscuits to the mousse.
- Freeze again for about an hour.
- Add cornflakes or nuts to the mixture for extra crunch
- Drip some of the flavored chocolate cream on-top
- If you like your sweets not so sweet, you can use coconut-cream (the solid white part after night in the fridge) instead of the whipped cream. I believe the dark-coconut panda bar will fit that.
Ingredients for the salty bagel cream
- 1 bar Panda’s white chocolate
- 1 cup of crack pretzels
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter
- ½ cup of unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Melt the white chocolate cubes in the microwave or bain-marie.
- Add crack pretzels, butter, plant-based milk & salt.
- Use a blender till the mixture is creamy (with tiny crunch crumbs).