Have a Sweet New Year with 7th Heaven Dairy-Free Chocolate
Check out the recipe from Adina Schlass , @the_chefs_wife.
- 8 oz 7th Heaven hazelnut or classic chocolate
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream, for melting chocolate chips
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream, for whipping
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pomegranate seeds and sliced figs for garnish
- In a large bowl, heat the chocolate and 1 cup of cream until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally
- In the bowl of a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat 1 cup chilled cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Transfer the whipped cream to the refrigerator until the chocolate has cooled to room temperature.
- Using a rubber/silicone spatula, fold the whipped cream into the melted chocolate. Don't mix or stir this, gentle folding technique is what keeps this nice and fluffy. Keep folding until fully combined. Once fully combined, transfer the mousse into individual serving dishes and chill for at least 2 hours, or over night. The colder it is, the more firm it will be.
- Before serving, place pomegranate seeds and sliced fresh figs on top of the mousse, garnish with mint leaves